03 October 2009

I was on cooking duty the other day. Eeny, meeny, miny, mo...what shall I cook today? Beef / Pork? Chicken?


To market to market off I went to the market. Fish sounds good, what fish can I get today? arghhh...this one is good - it's called Alfonsino. Look at the size of its eyes.... the flesh is supersoft but this fish is so underrated!!!



Steam fish sounds like a good idea - ginger, shitake mushroom and some coriander and watercress as garnishing on top - any takers? and dont forget the pickled plum too...mammamia!!! It's so easy and no fuss!!


It's even better when the watercress came from my garden - less than 5 minutes old!!! hooray!!!






















10 comments:

smallkucing said...

Looks nice

Let's Go!!! said...

the flesh lagi syiok - so soft

melah said...

Guane lama dok blog?

Pete said...

NZ got lots of nice and fresh seafood

Let's Go!!! said...

Pete, yes NZ has lots of fresh seafood. Love the salmon, oysters bla bla bla.....but it's the flavours in Malaysia that make them special.

Lee said...

Hi, love your cooking....that fish looks real nice. Anymore left?
Have fun and keep well, Lee.

Elin Chia said...

I can understand why you are so excited over this fish...it does look delish with malaysian flavour :) Thanks for dropping me a line. I will try getting those oysters with half shell on :) NZ has lots of seafood that is so fresh and cheap :)) Lucky you !

Cheeers,
Elin

Reanaclaire said...

The fried chicken makes me drool.. :)

suituapui said...

Best way to cook fish - healthy and delicious...but the fish must be fresh. No problem at all where you are - fish a-plenty.

Jonny said...

I glanced at the fish and said to myself, ah that's a red snapper. But it's not, is it? It's a totally different fish. I've never heard of alfonsino before, but it looks really good. Is the flavor quite mild?